Come be part of the work if you are somebody who:
- Has some time to spare and a desire to help in any way
- Is passionate about making a difference to children and our community
These are some of the areas in which we appreciate your assistance:
- Assistance with group or one-to-one tuition (from primary 1 to Form 3, all subjects, SK & SJK)
- Assistance with child minding the preschoolers (aged 3-5yrs) from morning till evening
- Preparation of teaching resources
- Assistance with enrichment programmes – music & creative arts, reading & storytelling, indoor & outdoor games & sports, character building & devotional programs
- Planning of excursion trips and enriching activities during school holidays.
- Donation to or preparation of food at the centre (main meals & snacks).
- General upkeep of books and toy library, and the physical spaces.
- Preparation/Provision of food supplies for mothers and children during retreats and support group gatherings
- Minding the children whilst the mothers are in the weekly/monthly support group meetings (usually evenings).
- Fostering a single-parent family; very much needed when the parent is ill or simply needs a long-postponed break.
- Provision of transport for the elderly to attend ACE Club meetings or medical visits (much needed for those without family members around).
- All kinds of assistance at the ACE Club – give talks on any relevant, useful topic; accompany the elderly during excursions/retreats; teach skills to uplift them in a holistic manner (e.g. games, exercises, creative arts & crafts, computer literacy); food preparations, etc.
- Visit the seniors in our ACE home.
- Organize a gotong-royong to help upkeep ACE Home.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Assistance in maintaining cleanliness of all fixtures and surroundings
- General repairs
Administrative & fundraising assistance
- Office Assistance – Filing, database updating, processing and following up of appeals for fundraising or special events, especially pre-December and Chinese New Year festive periods.
- Website Management - Updating website with events and information when required. This would require someone with the appropriate skills.
- Events Planning - Assist with event planning and co-ordination
- Hands-on-Helper - Collection and delivery of donated items, general assistance, or running social activities